Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Upper radiator support welding

So i've spent the past 2 weeks gathering parts from the junkyard, and tonight i was finally able to get some work done on the car. I installed and welded the upper radiator support. THere was a bit of adjustment necessary to get things to fit, but i was rather surprised at how easily it all came together. I installed the drivers side fender. THe next step was to test fit the new headlights and grills. I had to re-use the front valence, and it was bent in some places. I straightened it as best as i could. You can see the areas where it is still not perfect, but i don't plan on keeping this piece forever. As soon as I find a plastic bumper and front valence at the junkyard I'm going to grab it, but for now, this should do. I found my fender for $40 on e30tech.com and i should have it by mid next week. I still need to re-wire the headlights, and install my temporary divingboard bumper. I'm hoping to be on the road a week from now.

No comments: