Sunday, February 15, 2009

New Exhaust!

So I woke up early Friday morning, and wen to my local u-pull-it. I was looking for 1 thing. 2.5" exhaust tubing. I got lucky and found an Econoline van with a full exhaust just the right diameter. I got it for $8. The pic below already has a 2' piece of straight section cut off(those bends might come in handy in the future.) My first problem was the connection between my new muffler and the stock piping, i needed to mate 2.5" junkyard tubing to the stock 2.25" pipe. This is what i did. I cut V's into the 2.5" tubing, and with my body hammer I shrunk the diameter. After welding. ANd here you see the piece installed. In this pic you see my new muffler. It's a high dollar, lightweight stainless steel race muffler that i was lucky enough to acquire for free. It looks good, barely poking out of the rear, and boy is it loud as all Hell!

No comments: