Friday, April 3, 2009

Starting the bodywork

Grassroots Motorsports FTW! So i decide d to start on some of the bodywork this past monday. My cousin lent me his compressor and DA sander. I went to the local hardware store, picked up some sandpaper and primer, and got to it THis is actually my 2nd day of sanding. On the first day all I was able to do was the driver's side of the hood. Its a junkyard hood, so it had some funky ripples, and had already been re-painted once. Good Times , after sitting in an office staring at a computer all day! Well after having a close call with a curb and putting a huge lump on one of my tires, I thought it was time to get some shiny new shoes for this piece. I picked them up for super cheap. They are 15x8 with a +15 offset. I'm planning on running a 12mm spacer in the back and prolly going to stretch the tires a bit so they won't rub. I'm still unsure about the color... but i think im going to paint them.

No comments: