Monday, January 26, 2009

More Used Parts!

I was able to scavenge some more used parts At my local junkyard. I found a set of locks to replace the ones currently on the car. The Ignition cylinder was destroyed by someone trying to steal the car from the previous owner. I wanted a full set so 1 key opens everything. I know its more work to replace everything, but it will be worth it in the long run.Here is what the old lock cylinder housing looked like. I also found a replacement at the junkyard for cheap. I also was able to pick up a set of used Bilstein HDs on e30tech.com for cheap! $120 for the full set! I found an e36 steering rack(pictured below) and a larger diameter front sway bar from a convertible e30. The rack is in great shape. While at the yard I was able to replace the tie-rods with some from an e30. The shocks pictured are some spares i picked up for $4 each! I love u-pull-it prices! A few months back I had picked up a set of Civic coil-over sleeves in the hopes of at some point installing them on the other project(www.dirte30.blogspot.com). I don't really kow how they will work, or what i will need to do to get them installed correctly, but they were only $40, and i can get 2.5" springs of different stiffness's easily on eBay.

No comments: